October 10, 2016
PRESS RELEASE: Film Auckland announces the new Board for the 2016-2017 year.
9th October 2016
Film Auckland announces the new Board for the 2016-2017 year.
Auckland, NZ – Film Auckland Incorporated, the independent organization that advocates and represents the local screen industry, announces board representatives for the 2016-2017 year.
The elected board members are as follows:
Chair: Alex Lee
Deputy Chair: Felicity Letcher
Secretary: Annie Dodman
Treasurer: David Rowell
In addition to confirming the board members, the Film Auckland AGM also ratified a change to the society’s constitution (last updated in 2012 as follows:
Film Auckland Incorporated is committed to building a thriving screen industry for the benefit of all participants and the wider Auckland and New Zealand communities.
- - Being a strong advocate for the screen industry on all business matters.
- - Making submissions on all legislative and similar changes affecting the screen industry.
- - Identifying the barriers to the growth of the screen industry and advocating for the removal of those barriers.
- - Educating, updating and communicating information around relevant business matters and industry issues to the screen industry.
- - Forming strong relationships with central and local government and their agencies, the regional film offices, education providers, screen organisations and the guilds, and other key stakeholders.
- - Supporting the work of Screen Auckland and other regional film offices to attract international productions to New Zealand.
Film Auckland would also like to extend huge gratitude to Katie Flannigan and the whole Screen Auckland team for their ongoing support of the organization, as well as ATEED and the wider council for their continued support and acknowledgment of the local film industry as an important economic sector of the Auckland region.
Lastly, the board wishes to thank all the Film Auckland members for being part of and supporting the work FAI does for the screen industry.
For any further information about Film Auckland Inc or its board, please visit www.filmauckland.com or email