Auckland United are seeking feedback from you on the proposed new Te Kaunihera o Tāmaki Makaurau Te Ture ā-Rohe Tauhokohoko, Whakahaerenga me te Tango Kiriata Tūmatanui 2022 / Auckland Council Public Trading, Events and Filming Bylaw 2022 from Tuesday 8 June to Friday 16 July 2021.
About the proposed new bylaw
We recently checked how our trading, events and filming rules are working and identified improvements. These improvements will allow us to better minimise public safety risks, nuisance and misuse of council-controlled public places. We propose a new bylaw that:
- continues to regulate trading, events and filming in a similar way to the current Bylaw
- clarifies the need for rental micromobility devices to be approved under their own licence instead of a mobile shop licence as they currently are
- clarifies which activities require an approval, don’t require an approval as long as certain conditions are met, and those which are not addressed in this bylaw
- updates the title, structure, format, definitions, and wording to ensure that a new bylaw is easier to read, understand and comply with.
The proposal is the result of a statutory bylaw review completed in 2020 of the current Te Ture ā-Rohe Te Mahi Tauhokohoko me nga Takunetanga ki ngā Wāhi Marea / Trading and Events in Public Places Bylaw 2015, during which we also sought feedback from you.
You can view more information, including the proposed new bylaw at akhaveyoursay.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
How you can give feedback
You can have your say on the proposal from Tuesday 8 June until Friday 16 July 2021 by:
- completing the online feedback form here, giving feedback at an in-person or online drop-in session, or emailing or posting a feedback form to us. Details available here.
- giving feedback to the Bylaw Panel one-on-one on 11 June 2021, at a time between 12:30pm – 3pm. Click here to register by 5pm on Thursday 10 June 2021. You must register for this event as otherwise we would not be able to accommodate your request.
What happens to your feedback
We analyse all feedback received and provide a summary available to the public on akhaveyoursay.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz.
All feedback will be considered by a Panel at a public meeting on 20 October 2021. The Panel will use the feedback to make recommendations on the proposal to the Governing Body.
Any person is welcome to attend and listen to the Panel and Governing Body proceedings, but there will not be an opportunity to have your say at either meeting.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.